Corporate innovation is a numbers game, but quality still matters.
Any selected innovation project must be aligned with organisation's strategy and ambition.
To reduce the risk of uncertainty, inherent in innovation investments, funding must be released in tranches.
Whose job is to make those decisions?
Innovators innovate, managers manage, and executives fund.
Corporate venture board is a group of leaders who are in charge of executing the organisation's innovation strategy.
They usually do that by overseeing the organisation's innovation portfolio and funnel. They are also involved with the strategy formulation.
They usually aren't limited to specific types of innovation vehicles, i.e. accelerators, partnership, corporate venture capital, and so on.
Watch the How to run effective corporate venture boards live stream to learn:
- Who should be on the corporate venture boards.
- The key task of corporate venture boards.
- 11 mistakes all corporate venture boards must avoid.
- Questions executives should consider when evaluating innovation teams.
You can find recording, additional materials, timestamps, and license information below.
Supplemental materials mentioned during the live stream
- Slides used during the live stream.
- How to formulate a winning innovation strategy.
- How to introduce an innovation strategy into your company.
- How to design a powerful innovation portfolio.
- 20 common misconceptions about corporate innovation.
- How to hold innovation teams accountable?
- Structuring innovation projects.
- Innovation Accounting book.
|00:59||Why establish corporate venture boards?|
|03:39||Who should be on the corporate venture boards|
|07:52||The KEY task of corporate venture boards|
|10:32||11 mistakes all corporate venture boards must avoid|
|34:53||Questions to consider when evaluating innovation teams|
|41:54||A sip of water|
|42:05||Key practices of effective corporate venture boards highlighted|
Copyright © Bruno Pešec, 2022. All rights reserved.
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Subscribe to get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox. No spam. Only Bruno.