Running random innovation projects, chasing the latest technology, methodology, or any other fad ending with -ology, most likely won't get you anywhere.
Winning process is deceptively simple, yet requires discipline and sacrifice that few are willing to make. Here it is:
- Crystallize your innovation strategy. Be brief, and include key objectives, what's in, and what's out.
- Assemble a portfolio of innovation initiatives that you believe will take you closer to the strategic objectives. Nurture your people, but be ruthless with your ideas.
- Learn from the world. Strategy informs portfolio composition, which in turn is tested in the real world. Observe and listen, adapt as necessary. Separating signal from the noise is part art, part science.
Are you willing to do the work?
Upcoming growth opportunities with Bruno:
- August 18th: Corporate innovation webinar series by Bruno Pešec: How to design a powerful innovation portfolio.
- August 26th: Professionalising lean innovation in your company with Esther Gons and Bruno Pešec.
Three latest posts:
Bruno Unfiltered is a weekly newsletter bringing you Bruno's latest thoughts on contemporary topics in his signature style. No one and nothing is spared.