What makes mankind as prosperous as it is? Surely, one of the reasons is our ability to build upon the knowledge of each previous generation.
And reading is a great way to dive into that massive knowledge pool. I've always been an avid reader, exploring whatever I was curious about. The more I learned, the more I was able to learn.
Of course, over the years my reading habits changed as well. Here are some tips that serve me well:
- Skim generously, read selectively.
- Have a conversation with the author.
- Bring your questions and seek answers.
- Summarise main points in your own words.
- Speed of reading doesn't matter.
- Read consistently; don't wait for the right moment; stop whenever you want.
- Read How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler. Take it to heart.
And most importantly of all, don't forget to enjoy it.
Subscribe to get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox. No spam. Only Bruno.