Innovation can be much more than coming up with new products and services.
Here are 11 questions you can use to trigger your imagination:
- What other customer segments could we serve with what we have?
- What other customer needs could we serve with what we have?
- What customer needs should we stop serving?
- How could we change our relationship with our customers?
- How else could we reach our customers?
- How could we change the narrative around our products and services to make them more valuable?
- How else could we generate revenue with what we have?
- Do we understand our key processes for creating and delivering value to our customers?
- What would our business look like if we completely removed the most expensive activity in our value chain?
- What would our business look like if we hand over a part of our value creation process to the supplier? What if we took over a part of our value creation process from the supplier?
- What would we do if we lost our biggest competitive advantage?
- Pick three questions and answer them, alone or with a team.
- Come up with 11 new questions.
- Use contraints to spice things up.
Keep repeating the above, and you'll never run out of ideas.